Friday, September 7, 2007

Tata Crucible @ Jamshedpur

The Jamshedpur round of Tata Crucible quiz commenced yesterday. As Jamshedpur does not have a very good quizzing crowd I was not expecting a great quiz, but believe me it was one of the best quizzes I have ever witnessed. And all credit goes to quizmaster Giri Balasubramanian "Pickbrain". The best thing about this quiz was that, a lot of answers could be worked out ( not all informational questions, some were inferencial as well).

I am putting down some of the questions and their answers, which I remember.



Prelims:

1) Which media group owns Radio Mirchi?

Times Group

2) Which Russian millionaire got 50% shares of the Sidenberg oil fields?

Roman Abrahamovich

3) Lance Armstrong endorses 10/2 range of which sports apparel brand?

Nike

4) Which bank's logo is a Harrapa-Mohenjo daro symbol?

Indusind

5) Which company has launched a new range of products for cars, called Motomax?

Pidilite

6) A book named "Father &Son Co.". Father Watson sr., son is Watson jr. Which company does it refer to?

IBM

7) Which Bollywood actor had a company named, "Golden Wafers", before he came into the glamour world?

Boman Irani

8) Which company was started in East London in 1843, by Charles Henry, and he intended to sell tea?

Harrod's

10) In KBC 3, the cheques of which bank were given to the winners?

Kotak

11) Author of the book " The advantage of Management.........." (Something like this, I don't remember)
Michael Procter

12) Who is Joseph Kirz?

CEO of erstwhile Arcellor Steel

13) A game which is otherwise known as alfapet or put-a- cross?

Scramble

14) An ITC initiative, which in Hindi means, "a place of gathering"?

e-choupal

15) Who is Patty Stonesifer?

CEO of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

16) Which is Europe's Largest Chocalate Manufacturer?

Trafael

3 comments:

Pranab said...

good questions auro.
i got only 3 correct..

QuizMasterManasNayak said...

i got 9.unfortunately missed the quiz at jamshedpur as my boss didn't approve my leave.however,I ll take part in kolkata representing my company TATA-AIG in TATA Track.your posting will be helpful in our preparation.

QuizMasterManasNayak said...

i got 9.unfortunately missed the quiz at jamshedpur as my boss didn't approve my leave.however,I ll take part in kolkata representing my company TATA-AIG in TATA Track.your posting will be helpful in our preparation.